Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Re: [FSHS] Okay I will probably get slammed for this but oh...

Wouldn't that be the point of your personal...
Alisa Allan 1:37pm May 2
Wouldn't that be the point of your personal page? To talk about whatever it was you wanted to talk about?
Comment History
Brian Pavelko
Brian Pavelko1:35pm May 2
Who is going to police the policy against politics? The Military is what connects us how are we going to avoid politics? Based on this post I see I have more in common with the folks on the last post than I thought. that is a connection. I think we feel the need to talk about controversial things. Are we not free to do that here?
Alisa Allan
Alisa Allan1:12pm May 2
Wanted to add, yes, there was somewhat of a group decision quite a while back that things political in nature should be kept out of here. If you'd like to post those things and have discussions on them, you should do so on your own personal pages. For those that weren't in here when it was somewhat voted on you wouldn't know, but you do now.

It has nothing to do with 'tolerance', 'acceptance', whatever. It has to do with keeping the focus of this particular group on a neutral level, reconnecting with Wildcats, sharing pictures, your life, talking about FSHS, teachers, reunions, things of that nature etc. Controversial and political things tend to get ugly with a wide difference of opinions about such. No reason to muck up a nice group for high school friends, with battles that have their place, but not here. Again, it's what your personal page is for.
Dave Flick
Dave Flick1:10pm May 2
I would suggest that it's not the topic that should be restricted but the level of respect with which one shares their opinion. Jerks will behave like Jerks no matter what the topic although I do understand the intent and respect you Katie for having the courage to serve it up.
Katie Janulis Villani
Katie Janulis Villani1:09pm May 2
Sorry hit wrong button.... I do NOT have tolerance for the hatefulness that occurs in these "debates". They are not healthy debates. Again this page is supposed to be FREE OF POLITICS. so, yes the whole thread should be deleted. Start a FSHS political page. You are not in charge of educating anyone so being deleted from here would accomplish nothing. And for the record I agreed with your post. And how is it "nosy" to read on my hs page???
Katie Janulis Villani
Katie Janulis Villani12:55pm May 2
@ Doreen this was not about you and your life. This is about the NASTINESS that occurs on our hs page. If you read all the comments the dialogue was got quite nasty. I live in south Florida so I live in a huge melting pot and do have tolerance
View All Comments
Original Post
Katie Janulis Villani
Katie Janulis Villani6:01am May 2
Okay I will probably get slammed for this but oh well... After two roofs leaks, generator repair, many drives to miami and its third world drivers, coughing up a lung, bee sting....I think I can handle it!
This page is supposed to be for us to reconnect and reminisce. If you want to post political, religious, things that pertain to ALL your friends wouldn't it be better to post it on your own page??? Yes, I can skip over those posts but why cause problems here? And I am not saying anyone who posts these are looking for fights, they just happen. Friendships like these are for a lifetime and heated opinions here can destroy them. Not saying "you" can't have an opinion but can we keep them on our own pages and not here??? Okay, go ahead and rip me :) I just value your friendships and hate to see the nastiness HERE.

View Post on Facebook · Edit Email Settings · Reply to this email to add a comment.