Sunday, May 20, 2012

Re: [Forrest Sherman High School, Naples, Italy] did anyone get to the san carlo opera house? I...

I went one time... at the end of a 2 day long...
Dan Limbaugh 9:15am May 20
I went one time... at the end of a 2 day long High School band/chorus trip we'd taken up to Rome... Before we got dumped off to parents, all of us tuckered out kids, from a weekend of no sleep, trudged in to see a ballet performance of Romeo and Juliet!!! The opening acts seemed to go on for hours... we were all dying... then R&J started!!! They had compressed the whole story down into an 8 or 10 minute ballet performance! I remember we were all like "We waited 3 hours for that?" Hahaha!!!!
Comment History
Anne Silverstein Danjoux
Anne Silverstein Danjoux1:24pm May 19
My mom used to drag us there. At the time we weren't too thrilled but now appreciate that she did it. Graduation was at the military academy near Solfatara some years.
Dan Rich
Dan Rich9:25pm May 17
I saw my first opera there, Madame Butterfly!
Bill Tocci
Bill Tocci7:03pm May 17
Thanks for the confirmation Cindy. Thought I was losing my memory.
Cindy Montagnaro McEachern
Cindy Montagnaro McEachern6:24pm May 17
the graduations were held at the Mostra...not the opera house...
Bill Tocci
Bill Tocci6:22pm May 17
Almost positive
View All Comments
Original Post
Susan Arvidson
Susan Arvidson6:52pm May 12
did anyone get to the san carlo opera house? I got to see La Boheme once there beautiful!
Anna Netrebko - Puccini : La Bohème ( Musetta's Waltz) (SACD, Surround)
www.youtube.com
Anna Netrebko - Puccini : La Bohème , Wiener Philarmoniker (Super Audio CD, Surround)

View Post on Facebook · Edit Email Settings · Reply to this email to add a comment.